How To Wire ENERWAVE ZWN-RSM2-PLUS
Connecting an AC motion sensor to a smart relay
The motion sensor with flood lights I use are the least expensive, no extra wiring gizmo features to get in the way. I never have paid more than $15 for a simple, reliable, bare bones motion light.
- The motion sensor part has 3 wires. HOT (black), NEUTRAL (white), and SENSOR RELAY POWER OUT (red)
- The motion sensor is just a switch. It needs power for the sense circuitry. White and Black wires supply the power for the motion sensor, and when motion is sensed the lights.
- Your motion light may have different colors. Normally, white is neutral, black is hot. You can verify by looking at the power cord and what it attaches to.
- The SENSOR OUT WIRE, (red in this case) will show no voltage until motion is sensed when it is switched on to supply the lights with power.
- The Motion SENSOR OUT WIRE comes connected to the lights. Disconnect that and connect it to the AUX1 on the RSM2. I used and orange wire and wirenut to bridge the gap.
- Connect the lights to the LOAD1 from the RSM2.
- The RSM2 has two (2) relays, so you can optionally connect another switch to the AUX2, and connect LOAD2 to lights, a transformer, anything the RSM2 is rated for.